Farms provide fibre and food for the people and animals. Nowadays there are so many various kinds of farms that specialize in a particular product. In this, you will read some interesting facts about farms.
Do you know what Farming exactly is?
In a case, if you couldn’t go to the market to get groceries, then how you will get the food? From past thousands of years ago, individuals began to plant seeds to get their individual food. They had been seeking and gathering food, which made them move throughout a lot. When they understood that they could originate their own, then they were capable of living at one specific place. This was the origin of farming.
A number of years ago, several families existed on farms and grew their own food. Sometimes they would trade or sell the excess food they had. Now, humans get most of their food at storehouses and rely on farmers to produce it.
Video Source Grain Insurance
What Kinds of Farms are there?
Majorly, there are two different kinds of farming, and those are crops and animals. There are certain farms that just grow crops, while some others raise animals. However, some farms have crops and animals both.
These days many kids are also eager to know much more about agriculture and farm. There are certain questions that arise in the mind of every child like “How a cow gives a milk?” and “What are crops and it’s types?” or “How much is the weight of a cow?” are some of the most common inquiries adults are faced with.
Here, we’ll offer you with many such answers and also let you know about some farm facts for kids, so that you could know about these things.
Some Cow Facts That Kids Must Be Aware Off
- A completely grown cow normally weighs about 1,400 pounds. They can also provide you with about 60 pounds of milk each day.
- Normally a common farmer takes 20 minutes to milk a cow. This overall process is done around three times a day.
- Cows normally have four stomachs with them.
Some Cotton Facts That Kids Must Be Aware Off
- Cotton is most usually practised to create men’s and boy’s clothes. The shirts and paints you wear contain cotton.
- One specific bundle of cotton can produce about 1,200 t-shirts.
- “Cotton Belt” is the name of the specific place that provides the large majority of cotton to the people.
Some Corn Facts That Kids Must Be Aware Off
- Nowadays the most valuable crop in the world is corn.
- Human beings normally eat corn, but it is also an excellent food for animals.
- Many products that we usually use in our daily lives include corn.
These are some of those facts that you should tell a kid for certain.